TEC is heating up the Home Inspection scene by offering infrared (thermal imaging) as an add-on to our traditional home inspection. The advanced, non-invasive imaging allows our inspectors to look beyond the sheetrock, so to speak.
The following deficiencies can be documented with a thermal imaging camera:
Moisture intrusion that could lead to mold and structural damage.
- leaky roofs
- plumbing leaks
- wet insulation
- moisture in the walls
Areas of the home experiencing energy loss.
- heat and air infiltration in walls, ceilings, floors, windows, and doors
- damaged and/or malfunctioning radiant heating systems
- air-conditioner compressor leaks
- structural defects that can lead to energy loss
Dangerous electrical concerns.
- overloaded and faulty circuit breakers
- overheated electrical equipment and component
- unexpected hot spots (faulty wiring)
Unexpected visitors living within the structure.
- pest infestations
- rodents such as rats, mice, and other larger pests
For more information on TEC Home Inspections click here.